Lavender honey is distinguished from other varieties of honey by some rather specific characteristics:
- Its texture: Creamy, smooth.
- Its color: clear when harvested, golden yellow, but it whitens under the effect of crystallization.
- Its taste: Fruity, lavender, delicate and long in the mouth.
- Its scent: distinctive, very pleasant.
- Its aroma: delicate, tasty, a little fruity.
- Its conservation: excellent.
A wooden honey spoon is offered
with the purchase of a 300g jar of honey.
Lavender is a perennial, hardy, evergreen shrub that grows on limestone soil in sunny locations. It blooms between late spring and early summer. Its nectar is used in the production of a quality, aromatic honey that is much appreciated. A honey that bears its name, lavender honey from Morocco.
The scent of this flower is known and evokes different memories according to our past. It is above all evocative of the scent of clean linen from grandmother's, a refreshing and pleasant scent.
Particularly renowned worldwide for its French culture, lavender is now used in Morocco to produce honey that is different in appearance but equivalent in other respects. Today it is the pride of Moroccans because of its reputation and its success with the general public. A morning pleasure, a natural sweetener or even a medicine, we no longer present lavender honey.
The benefits :
If honey is primarily consumed for pleasure, Moroccan lavender honey has a number of medicinal characteristics:
- Fight against rheumatological diseases.
- Eliminates muscle spasms. Can intervene at the digestive or genitourinary level.
- Prevents and eliminates the proliferation of bacteria.
- Reduces the pain felt following inflammation.
- Relieves the pain of cough, whether it is oily or dry.
- Also relieves skin burns.
- Fight against bronchitis.
- Acts directly on angina.
- Treats the flu.
- Treats infected wounds, applied as a bandage.
- Effectively regulates hypertension.
- Fights insomnia that ruin your life.
- General antiseptic against insect bites.
Smooth and fragrant, soft and fruity, Lavender honey is very popular in cooking. Antibacterial and effective antiseptic, it is the remedy par excellence for colds, coughs, sore throats or flu.
How to consume it?
You can put your lavender honey on a light toast in the morning. Thus, the sweetness of these aromas will make you start the day under the most beautiful notes.
It is also used in the preparation of cakes. Its taste allows you to add a light floral touch to your preparations.
It can replace refined sugar. Other gourmet ideas exist such as adding this honey to plain yogurt, to add a special note to it.
You can also incorporate it into your ice cream preparation, ideal for young and old in hot season. It is also possible to use Lavender honey for its medicinal properties. In this case, it will be appropriate, depending on what you wish to treat, to carry out a local application or an ingestion.
Ps: Honey is generally considered to be an imperishable product. It is so concentrated in sugar that no germ can grow in it. In addition, if it is protected from humidity, its main enemy, honey will keep without problems for several years, even centuries.
Produced and harvested in Morocco and potted in our premises in Lorraine.
Certified by (Cetam-Lorraine).
If you opt for delivery to a relay point, fill in your postal details and we will contact you upon receipt of your order to find out the choice of your relay point.